Tuesday, December 1, 2015

A New Season and New Goals


It has been a pleasant November thinking on what I am grateful for. It seems it has come and gone far too quickly than I would have hoped. But as the colorful leaves are piled up and put away, there are lights being hung all around and fires being built and hot cocoa being poured. This time of the year is one that is usually looked on with admiration and fascination.

Though this may be true, it can be a dangerous time of the year as well so I have a few goals in mind:

1. Give. Perhaps not by gift, but by my time, energy, prayerfulness (is that a word?) and love.

2. Spend much quiet time with my Savior.

3. Spend time with others.

4. Have open eyes. It's important that I be attentive to the needs of others. I want to be aware when and where God is leading me. It's my prayer that He will open my eyes to see what He sees and give me His love for the broken and hurting.

I want to encourage you to set out and make a list of goals for this Christmas season. Whether it be to meet one new person each day. or just to wake up an extra hour early to study the Word. Think on the things God might have for you this season.

I think by serving there can be found much blessing. "...By love serve one another" (Gal. 5:13).
post signature