Saturday, February 13, 2016

A Garden of a Heart


"For as the rain comes down, and the snow from heaven, and do not return there, but water the earth, and make it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower and bread to the eater, so shall My word be that goes forth from My mouth; it shall not return to Me void, but it shall accomplish what I please, and it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it," (Isaiah 55:10-11 NKJV).

There are a number of things in life that bless us, the rain being one of them. In southern California we have seen our share of rain these past couple months (though not as much as we expected, I understand. Especially in this drought we are facing).

In my opinion the most beautiful thing is the day after the rain. The day is clear. The sky is a beautiful, crisp blue. All the smog has been cleared away and everything is fresh. It is evident that the rain is doing a good job at bringing forth life. Where the fields were once yellow and dry, they are now budding with green shrubs.

This is much like God's Word. It pours into the drought of our souls. It clears away all of our filthiness (Eph. 5:26), and where there was once confusion, there is now clarity. As we dig into God's Word, it naturally begins to transform our lives and, where once we were dry, we are now budding with life. Like it says in Isaiah, God's Word does not return void. The rain that comes down has purpose, and it accomplishes it's purpose. God's Word will accomplish what He pleases "...and it shall prosper in the thing for which [He] sent it" (Is 55:11).

My life can easily become dry when I do not allow the rain to pour into it. It is my desire that, as I seek God in His Word, that life would spring forth and The Lord will transform me, giving me a garden of a heart, a beautiful, pleasing aroma to the Lord.

"For you shall go out with joy, and be led out with peace; the mountains and the Hills shall break forth into singing before you, and all the trees of the field shall clap their hands," (Is. 55:12).

"that He might sanctify and cleanse her with the washing of water by the word," (Ephesians 5:26).

"... He will come to us like the rain, like the latter and former rain to the earth" (Hosea 6:3).
post signature
Original photo via