Friday, January 9, 2015

Let us Run


There are times my passion has all but disappeared. I don't always feel like reading my bible or praying. I don't always feel like going to church or being kind.

Sue me, but I don't believe I'm alone in this.

To be called a child of God is a most wonderful gift, one that is worth fighting for. It is not always easy but the joy and fulfillment that is received from God our Father is a beautiful, and at times, overwhelming thing to experience.

Where, then, was my passion? My drive for bigger callings? I have felt at times that it has altogether slipped away. Where was that burning fire from inside- the one they claim can never be quenched?

It is there, I assure you. Constantly bright, but I had somehow missed it. Forgotten its presence, or perhaps disregarded it intentionally. I can honestly not say. 

I can only say that the effort it takes to roll up my sleeves and fight for what I know to be right, is altogether worth it.

Every single moment.

"...And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before Him He endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God," (Hebrews 12:1-2).
post signature