Monday, May 18, 2015

Some Scribbles on Waiting

(Sometimes Bailey likes to stare dreamily out her window. And talk in third person.)

There are things I long to write but don't always feel I'm at the liberty to. So today I want to share, in hopes of reminding myself and maybe even you, a few things that have helped me be patient as I wait for God to bring into my life the man I will someday marry.

It's no easy task being patient but it is fruit that is produced in a Christian's life as you walk with the Lord. Sometimes I have asked God to just poof me the perfect fruit of patience so that all my worries will be behind me. His answer has always seemed to be no, but instead He has taught me lesson after lesson in those moments of deep prayer and waiting.

Why would you need patience if there wasn't something you wanted or hoped for desperately? The answer is that you wouldn't. Being patient doesn't mean you don't want something, as if you had no care in the world. It is when you want something more than anything, but instead of going out and getting what you think you deserve, you wait on God and His timing. You say no to your wants and desires and say yes to God and his.

It's not easy. It might be the equivalent of having a spider hide somewhere in your car, weaving intricate webs as you drive in complete, rational fear. (With the music turned way up so the spider will be scared and keep hiding). Yes. waiting is just like that.

There is one difference between waiting and having spiders in your car, though. When you patiently wait for your husband, the result will be worth every minute. Of this I am sure.

Maybe you have a dream of falling in love and getting married but you don't know who God has for you. It is my prayer that you will use this time to grow in your relationship with the Lord and really get to know Him through His Word. Now is such an amazing time for you to get to know your heavenly King without any distractions. And as you get to know your heavenly groom you will begin to learn His thoughts towards you. They are thoughts of good and not evil. As you learn His thoughts towards you, you will not need a man to give you your worth because it is found in the grace of our Lord, Jesus Christ.

Have high standards of a godly, christian man and never settle. God wants more for you than you will ever know.

Maybe you have been following the Lord and waiting and you think you've found the love of your life, or a possible candidate. I hope that you will still be patient and let God lead. His word says to guard your heart above all else, because it is the wellspring of life. Also I find it is important to let a man pursue you. For one, we are girls, and if you're like me, you want to be rescued, chased and wooed. Not only that, but guys want to pursue, rescue and woo. I think. Okay, I'm still not entirely sure how a male mind works but I'm sure it's somewhere in that sphere of thinking.

And if this is you and you believe God is working something out between the two of you, then pray for him. Do you pray for this man as much as you think about him or talk about him? Instead of dwelling, lift him up to the Lord and watch as God works.

And maybe you're almost or are already married. Well. I haven't gotten that far. But I can pray for you. You can come on over and give us all the wisdom and advice you have. We welcome it.

And if you are sitting here thinking it's too late. That you feel you've messed up too much for God to want to give His best over to you, I want you to know that you are wrong. You are a diamond and no man or previous action from your past will ever take away God's precious thoughts towards you. Did you know that God is thinkin about you? His thoughts towards you out way the grains of sand you see on a wide, open beach. And these thoughts are all good. He promises that if you love him He will work all things for good. Don't you worry, friend. God's got you.

So there you have it. I hope you feel as encouraged as I do after remembering to put Christ at the center of all things, Putting Him first above any and all relationships can only result in great blessings. I hope God's will will be done in our lives. He's a good planner and that's the truth.
post signature