Wednesday, September 23, 2015

I Know Enough

There are many of you that may be going to school, perhaps college, and taking some very intellectually draining classes. Some of these classes are difficult and may cause a bit of discouragement.

I know throughout high school I often felt that I wasn't very smart. And it's true. I don't know very much. But as I prayed about going to Bible College last year, the Lord showed me something very important about what I do and don't know and I thought perhaps it may encourage you as it did me.

I wrote this a few months back when I was praying about going to school.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I knew that I didn't have much.

But I had enough. 

I lost everything and I was over a 1,000 dollars in debt. And really I didn't know very much about the bible. But I knew enough. I knew that Christ died on the cross for my sins and he rose again so that I may have the hope of life. And that's all a girl's got to know. 

But after knowing that and learning more about the God I love, the desire, and even somewhat childish excitement I felt to know him more was very great. 

Some days I felt discouraged to know that I was uneducated and unequipped to lead and pour into His children the way He's called me to. But other days my heart was filled with awe and anticipation as I thought of all the wonders and mysteries of my sovereign God that I have yet to discover. 

There's a big world out there, I had to remind myself. It's filled with God's creation, and His children. He loves His creation but it was His children that He made in His own image. His love for millions of people that I will never have the chance to encounter on this earth is unending. And my desire to encounter as many as possible and make a difference, if even just a small one, is great. 

No, I don't know very much. Not about the world, or about God. Ask me my times tables and I'd have a hard time at it. But as I look at the cross I am reminded of one very important thing. 

I know enough. 
post signature
With my whole heart I seek you; let me not wander from your commandments! I have stored up your word in my heart, that I might not sin against you. (Psalm 119:10-11 ESV).